Richard Eddy: Witness
On October 13, 2018, Karlie Gusé disappeared from Bishop, California. Family and friends continue to carry hope for her return and memories of their time together. The Mono County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI carry an investigation that has yet to solve the mystery of where Karlie is.
Lindsay and I don't quite understand the whole thing. I was in my hot tub room. It was probably about 6:30, 7:00. This happened a couple years ago, so I'm just trying to guess at it, but I'd say between 6:30 and 7:00. It was kind of chilly that morning, I remember. For some reason, I looked out towards the street. I have big windows in the hot tub room. So I looked out towards the street, and I thought, "That's unusual. There's a young girl walking by. She had long brown hair. She had clothes on. I can't even remember, but I think she had a white top and maybe gray bottoms or something, but she had clothes on. But it was chilly, and I thought, "That's kind of weird that she would be there." She was waving a piece of paper, like a 12 by 12 piece of paper. She was just waving it in the air and walked by.
Now later that morning, I think it was about 8:00 maybe, I'm guessing probably, that her mother says, "Have you seen my daughter?" I told her the story that I had just seen a girl walk by, but I didn't know it was her. "Oh, that was her. I think you were the last one to see her." I said, "Well, I don't know, but I'll help you go look."
So at that time I had a side-by-side motorcycle. So I rode up into the canyon, which is straight over from my house, because I figured maybe that's where she would go. Because I have two chairs set up in that little canyon and there's a little fire pit there, and I shoot my guns down into the canyon. I went over there, and she wasn't there. By the time I came back, she was at my driveway, and I told her I didn't see anything. She says, "Well, thank you very much," and that's about the last I really heard of the whole thing.
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.08.2020 — Ashley Forbes: Nobody in Town Goes Missing Like This
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case