Richard Eddy: Witness
On October 13, 2018, Karlie Gusé disappeared from Bishop, California. Family and friends continue to carry hope for her return and memories of their time together. The Mono County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI carry an investigation that has yet to solve the mystery of where Karlie is.
Lindsay and I don't quite understand the whole thing. I was in my hot tub room. It was probably about 6:30, 7:00. This happened a couple years ago, so I'm just trying to guess at it, but I'd say between 6:30 and 7:00. It was kind of chilly that morning, I remember. For some reason, I looked out towards the street. I have big windows in the hot tub room. So I looked out towards the street, and I thought, "That's unusual. There's a young girl walking by. She had long brown hair. She had clothes on. I can't even remember, but I think she had a white top and maybe gray bottoms or something, but she had clothes on. But it was chilly, and I thought, "That's kind of weird that she would be there." She was waving a piece of paper, like a 12 by 12 piece of paper. She was just waving it in the air and walked by.
Now later that morning, I think it was about 8:00 maybe, I'm guessing probably, that her mother says, "Have you seen my daughter?" I told her the story that I had just seen a girl walk by, but I didn't know it was her. "Oh, that was her. I think you were the last one to see her." I said, "Well, I don't know, but I'll help you go look."
So at that time I had a side-by-side motorcycle. So I rode up into the canyon, which is straight over from my house, because I figured maybe that's where she would go. Because I have two chairs set up in that little canyon and there's a little fire pit there, and I shoot my guns down into the canyon. I went over there, and she wasn't there. By the time I came back, she was at my driveway, and I told her I didn't see anything. She says, "Well, thank you very much," and that's about the last I really heard of the whole thing.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In