2016 Director’s Community Leadership Awards
Recipients of the 2016 Director’s Community Leadership Awards were honored in a ceremony at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. on April 28, 2017.
Narrator: They are educators, activists, trailblazers, and entrepreneurs. Leaders from across the country are building stronger, safer, and more cohesive communities. FBI Director James Comey recognized these individuals and organizations for their efforts during a ceremony on April 28, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
Christopher Suggs: This is a great honor. I’m definitely excited, I'm grateful. There’s so many emotions that I’m feeling right now from receiving this award. So I’m extremely grateful, and this just shows that people see what young people are doing and the leadership capabilities of young people.
Narrator: Since its launch in 1990, the annual Director’s Community Leadership Awards spotlights recipients for bridging relationships between law enforcement agencies and the communities they serve. Honorees are nominated by each of the FBI’s 56 field offices, as well as the other areas within the Bureau’s Headquarters.
Ginger Passarelli: The Soup Ladies is an organization, and we only feed first responders. Whenever there’s a critical situation and they can’t leave, we bring them food, hot coffee. The beauty of what we do is there is no charge to any agency, ever. It’s such an honor. I can’t even tell you what an honor it is.
Narrator: This year's award recipients included Shubert Design Furniture and The Gary Sinise Foundation. The organizations have partnered to provide adapted smart homes to severely wounded veterans and first responders, mortgage-free.
Gary Shubert: I meet so many people who work so hard, and sometimes you have to wonder why you are getting an award like this.
Gary Sinise: If we just try to do our thing and continue to inspire folks by just doing the good work and bringing people together and providing this umbrella, this resource, for our fellow citizens to get involved and do something positive, then that’s the way that we can give back.
Narrator: From supporting first responders to educating at-risk youth, the FBI continues to recognize individuals and organizations for their service through the Director’s Community Leadership Awards.
James Comey: Thank you for being those examples. Thank you for this day. Because of you, the FBI is better. Because of you, the United States of America is better. Thank you.
- 06.01.2023 — Video Loop of Phoenix Field Office Entrance
- 05.22.2023 — Video Loop of VS Driving in Arizona
- 05.18.2023 — Beware of Elder Fraud Scams
- 05.12.2023 — Director Wray's 2023 National Police Week Address
- 05.10.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Oasis Ponzi Scheme
- 05.05.2023 — FBI Phoenix Hosts Missing Person Identification Project Event
- 05.02.2023 — Operation SpecTor Targets Darknet Markets
- 04.28.2023 — FBI Los Angeles Air Assault PSA
- 04.25.2023 — FBI Richmond - National Crime Victims' Rights Week
- 04.21.2023 — Inside the FBI: The China Threat
- 04.20.2023 — Seeking Information-Suspect Wanted in Connection with Armed Robberies
- 04.17.2023 — Lumberton Women - Vodcast
- 04.13.2023 — FBI San Francisco: Video Depicting Kidnapping of Monica de Leon Barba (Video 2)
- 04.13.2023 — FBI San Francisco: Video Depicting Kidnapping of Monica de Leon Barba (Video 1)
- 04.10.2023 — Missy Peregrym IC3 PSA
- 04.03.2023 — FBI Cyber at RSA
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Alex Silverstein
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Justin Brannon
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Lauren Regucci
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent in Charge Sherri Onks
FBI Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter for news on the FBI, sent out every week.