Resources for Parents
Get advice and information to help protect your children from dangers lurking in both the online and offline worlds. Learn how to contact us and report child abductions and sexual exploitation.
Other key contacts:
- To report a missing child or the sighting of a missing child, you can also contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children by calling 1-800-THE-LOST or by visiting its website.
- To report child sexual exploitation, use the electronic Cyber Tip Line or call 1-800-843-5678. The Cyber Tip Line is operated by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in partnership with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies.
- If your child is being abducted internationally by a family member and is not yet abroad, contact the U.S. Department of State.
National Sex Offender Registry
Find out if there are registered sex offenders in your towns and neighborhoods.
Protecting Your Kids in Cyberspace
- Combating Cyber Predators (Innocent Images program)
- Keep Safe on Social Networking Sites
- Advice for Kids
- Stop Cyberbullying
Missing and Kidnapped Children
- How the FBI Investigates Child Abductions
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- AMBER Alerts
- Resource: Child ID Kits
- Missing Children Cases
- FBI Crimes Against Children website
Learn to recognize the warning signs of gang involvement and get advice on bullying and other issues through the U.S. Department of Justice Gang Toolkit. Visit the FBI’s Violent Gangs website for more information on the gang threat and anti-gang resources.