Get the latest news in the CJIS Link, a long-running newsletter for law enforcement that is now an online-only publication. The FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division operates programs and services for the law enforcement, national security, and intelligence communities 24/7. The CJIS Link provides information about:
- How CJIS systems can help agencies solve crimes
- New initiatives and technologies
- Upgrades and changes regarding CJIS systems
- The work of the CJIS Advisory Policy Board
Subscribe to e-mail alerts
(check the CJIS Link box under the publications category)
(Provide feedback, a success story, or an article idea)
Use the filter below to search CJIS Link articles by the following topics:
- Biometrics and Next Generation Identification (NGI)
- Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP)
- Law Enforcement Resources
- National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
- National Data Exchange (N-DEx)
- National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)
- National Threat Operations Center (NTOC)
- Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR)
Results: 138 Items
August 18, 2020
More than 5,000 federal, state, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies submitted use-of-force data to the National Use-of-Force Data Collection for 2019.
June 23, 2020
The Uniform Crime Reporting Program has been providing the country with crime statistics for 90 years.
May 12, 2020
According to statistics reported to the FBI, 89 U.S. law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty in 2019.
March 17, 2020
For 25 years, the CJIS Advisory Policy Board has helped the Criminal Justice Information Services Division adapt and expand its programs to maintain an edge in the fight against crime and terrorism.
March 3, 2020
Law enforcement agencies’ transitions to National Incident-Based Reporting System will improve quality of the nation’s crime data.
February 4, 2020
Preliminary statistics show overall declines in both violent and property crime in the first half of 2019, compared to the same time frame the previous year.
December 23, 2019
The FBI’s National Threat Operations Center works day and night to ensure each of the calls and electronic tips it receives is evaluated rapidly and handled appropriately.