Office of Public Affairs
Working with the Office of Public Affairs
The Office of Public Affairs in the San Diego office supports the FBI’s operational priorities by facilitating publicity that encourages helpful public action and that increases public awareness to prevent or solve acts of terrorism or crimes. It also coordinates and develops relationships with the news media and with the publishing, motion picture, television, radio and entertainment industries to promote Bureau accomplishments and ensure that depictions of the FBI are accurate and factual in regard to our policies and practice.
Working with the San Diego Office of Public Affairs
Media outlets, writers, authors, and producers who are interested in learning about San Diego closed investigations are asked to review the following:
What we need from a requestor:
- Your company name and any pertinent company name, point of contact, address, e-mail, and phone number;
- Acknowledgement whether the project is “sold,” “green lit,” commissioned, or speculative;
- A description how the FBI fits into the project and its relative importance;
- An explanation of FBI characters and actions (what they will be doing);
- Film script, plot, or treatment;
- Project status/timeline/production schedule (if known);
- Specificity regarding cases, procedures, or information needed; and
- A list of FBI personnel desired (if known) for interviews or backgrounders (note: please allow ample time for the approval process.)
What we might provide:
- Guidance on content regarding FBI investigations, procedures, structure, and history;
- Information on costumes, props, scenery, and weapons;
- Fact checks;
- Liaison and coordination with local FBI field offices;
- Coordination of location shots; and
- Access to FBI facilities for filming scenes, interviews, or b-roll footage.
- Call us at (858) 320-1800; or
- Write to: San Diego Field Office, FBI, Office of Public Affairs, Attention: Special Agent Darrell Foxworth, 10385 Vista Sorrento Parkway, San Diego, CA 92121.
Please note: The San Diego Office of Public Affairs, in consultation with the Investigative Publicity and Public Affairs Unit at FBI Headquarters, considers project assistance on a case-by-case basis.