The FBI is asking for the public’s assistance to identify potential victims of a suspected serial sexual predator who took nude photos of models and is alleged to have sexually assaulted many of these models, including individuals younger than 18 years of age. Robert Arnold Koester, also known as Bert Kay, Rhake Winter, and Qitooly, a 52-year-old U.S. citizen, has potentially been engaging in these criminal acts from 1994 through November 13, 2018. Victims have been identified in multiple cities across the United States. At the time of his arrest, Koester worked as a professional photographer, engaged in the photography of models, primarily on the West Coast of the United States.
If you have information about this ongoing investigation or believe you or someone you know may have been victimized by Robert Arnold Koester, the FBI requests that you complete this secure, confidential online questionnaire.
Identified victims may be eligible for certain services and rights under federal and/or state law. Please see the official press release below for detailed information on this investigation.
- Robert Arnold Koester Case Victim Questionnaire
Note: This questionnaire is only intended to collect information. Based on the responses provided, the FBI or a partner law enforcement agency will contact you for additional information if needed.
- FBI Help for Victims of Crime Brochure
- Caring for Kids: What Parents Need to Know About Sexual Abuse
- Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- American Psychological Association Resources on Sexual Abuse
- Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN)
- National Center for Victims of Crime
Information from the public may also be submitted confidentially via email to: ModelCase@fbi.gov.