The FBI is seeking the public’s help in identifying potential victims who attended Theresa Tibbels’ Day Care in Lincoln, Nebraska, from 1989 to 2021. On October 19, 2021, 58-year-old Matthew Allen Tibbels, who was associated with the day care, was indicted in connection with child exploitation crimes.
While it is natural for parents to want to gain a better understanding of the potential exploitation of their child, questioning of the child may lead to inaccurate statements and increased emotional trauma.
If you have information about this ongoing investigation or believe you, your child, or other children may have been victimized by Matthew Allen Tibbels, the FBI requests you email the following information to MTVictims@fbi.gov:
- Parent/guardian contact information
- Child(ren)’s name and date of birth
- Dates child(ren) attended Theresa Tibbels’ Day Care
- Two photographs of child(ren) who attended Theresa Tibbels’ Day Care
- Any other details you feel are pertinent to this investigation
The FBI is legally mandated to identify victims of federal crimes it investigates. Victims may be eligible for certain services, restitution and rights under federal and/or state law.
Your responses are voluntary but may be useful in the federal investigation and to identify you as a potential victim. Based on the responses provided, you may be contacted by the FBI and asked to provide additional information. All identities of victims will be kept confidential.
Related Press Release
- Hotline: (402) 493-8688
- Coping with Crime Victimization
- Help for Victims of Crime brochure (pdf)
- Internet Security Information