Resources for Parents
Parent Reading with Child
- To report a missing child or the sighting of a missing child, you can also contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children by calling 1-800-THE-LOST or by visiting its website.
- To report child sexual exploitation, use the electronic Cyber Tip Line or call 1-800-843-5678. The Cyber Tip Line is operated by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in partnership with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies.
- If your child is being abducted internationally by a family member and is not yet abroad, contact the U.S. Department of State.
Find out if there are registered sex offenders in your towns and neighborhoods.
- Combating Cyber Predators (Innocent Images program)
- Keep Safe on Social Networking Sites
- Advice for Kids
- Stop Cyberbullying
- How the FBI Investigates Child Abductions
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- AMBER Alerts
- Resource: Child ID Kits
- Missing Children Cases
- FBI Crimes Against Children website
Learn to recognize the warning signs of gang involvement and get advice on bullying and other issues through:
- the U.S. Department of Justice Gang Toolkit.
- Visit the FBI’s Violent Gangs website for more information on the gang threat and anti-gang resources.