FBI Identifies Suspected Serial Bank Robber
|FBI Portland March 20, 2013|
The FBI, working with the Eugene and Springfield Police Departments, has identified and charged the alleged “Tall Man” bank bandit with one of six robberies he is suspected of committing, and now investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in locating him. FBI special agents obtained a criminal complaint charging Chet Evans, age 25, with one count of bank robbery related to the Key Bank robbery at 1380 Coburg Road in Eugene on Monday, March 18.
The FBI has offered a reward of up to $2,000 available for the person or people who provide information that leads to Evans’ arrest and conviction. In the case of multiple confirmed tipsters, the reward can be split.
Evans’ last known address is in Eugene, although he has ties to Medford, Ashland, Portland, and Lake Oswego.
- White man
- Height: 6’2” tall
- Weight: 185 pounds
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown
The other robberies of which Evans is suspected include:
- February 14, 2013—U.S. Bank inside the Albertsons at 311 Coburg Road in Eugene
- February 20, 2013—Chase Bank inside the Fred Meyer at 650 Q Street in Springfield
- February 25, 2013—Umpqua Bank at 3876 West 11th Avenue in Eugene
- March 6, 2013—U.S. Bank inside the Safeway at 1891 Pioneer Parkway in Springfield
- March 15, 2013—U.S. Bank branch inside the Albertsons at 1675 West 18th Street in Eugene
Anyone with information on this suspect is asked to call the FBI in Eugene at (541) 343-5222 during normal business hours, the FBI in Portland at (503) 224-418124 hours a day, or the Eugene Police Department at (541) 682-5111.
Photos of Evans: