$5,000 Reward for "Fantasia" Bandit
Investigators Believe He's Responsible for Nine Robberies
|FBI Portland November 03, 2009|
The Oregon Financial Institutions Security Task Force is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person responsible for a series of six bank robberies in Portland. Investigators have dubbed the man the “Fantasia Bandit” because he has also robbed a Fantasy for Adults Only store twice. He’s also believed responsible for a ninth robbery at a Dotty’s in North Portland. The robberies started in late September.
The robberies include:
- 9/27/09—Fantasy for Adults Only store, 1512 W. Burnside, Portland
- 9/29/09—U.S. Bank, 900 SW 6th Ave., Portland
- 10/3/09—Fantasy for Adults Only, 1512 W. Burnside, Portland
- 10/4//09—Dotty’s, 11955 N. Center, Portland
- 10/5/09—NW Resource Federal Credit Union, 221 NW 2nd Ave., Portland
- 10/23/09—Key Bank, 444 SW 5th Ave., Portland
- 10/24/09—Wells Fargo, 8334 N. Denver Ave., Portland
- 10/30/09—Bank of the West, 905 NE Halsey, Portland
- 10/31/09—Wells Fargo, 4233 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland
In the most recent robbery, “Fantasia” threatened to kill the bank teller. Witnesses describe the man as:
- Age: 35—45 years old
- Height: 5’8”—5’11”
- Weight: 180-200 pounds
- Hair: Brown
- Clothing: Varies, but always wears a baseball cap. In one instance he wore a sweatshirt with the words “silver stein” on it; in another instance the sweatshirt said “CCCP.” Wears dark sunglasses.
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI in Portland at (503) 224-4181 or the Portland Police Bureau at (503) 823-0400.
FIST is a cooperative effort made up of representatives from banks, savings and loans, and credit unions, as well as representatives from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. The purpose of FIST is to help reduce crimes.