Wisconsin Juveniles Recovered in FBI Nationwide Sweep Operation Cross Country VII
|FBI Milwaukee July 29, 2013|
Acting Special Agent in Charge Patricia M. Ferrick of the FBI Milwaukee Division announced today the recovery of juveniles and young adults being victimized through prostitution. Some of the adult victims had been forced into engaging in prostitution since they were juveniles. The local operations were part of Operation Cross Country VII (OCC7), a four-day nationwide enforcement action that is part of the Innocence Lost National Initiative.
In Wisconsin, the FBI and its law enforcement partners recovered 10 juveniles and arrested 100 subjects during the operation throughout Wisconsin, July 25-28, 2013. Victims and the pimps travel throughout the state to work and do not necessarily reside in the area where they were located during OCC7.
Top recovery of juveniles around the country:
- San Francisco: 12 recoveries
- Detroit: 10 recoveries
- Milwaukee: 10 recoveries
- Denver: nine recoveries
- New Haven and New Orleans: six recoveries
- San Diego: five recoveries
The FBI, working together with partnering agencies, made contact with young women involved in prostitution through the use of undercover agents and detectives and by canvassing areas where prostitution is known to occur.
All the women and girls were offered to be connected with a variety of services within the community, such as job training, housing, counseling, and medical and education assistance.
The FBI Milwaukee Division works with law enforcement partners throughout Wisconsin to combat the issue of sex trafficking.
The following agencies partnered with the FBI during Operation Cross Country VII:
- Appleton Police Department
- Baraboo Police Department
- Dane County Sherriff’s Office
- Fond du Lac Police Department
- Fox Valley Metro Police Department
- Grand Chute Police Department
- Hartland Police Department
- Kaukauna Police Department
- Lake Delton Police Department
- Madison Police Department
- Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office
- Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office
- Milwaukee Police Department
- Oak Creek Police Department
- Oshkosh Police Department
- Outagamie County Sheriff’s Office
- Project Respect of Madison Racine Police Department
- Sauk County Sheriff’s Office
- Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office
- University of Wisconsin Police Department
- U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- Waukesha County Sheriff’s Office West Allis Police Department
- Wisconsin Department of Justice-Division of Criminal Investigations
The FBI Milwaukee Division thanks the more than 330 local, state, and federal law enforcement officers and agents throughout the state who participated in Operation Cross Country VII and ongoing enforcement efforts. These critical partnerships provide a rapid and effective investigative response to reported federal crimes involving the victimization of children. The team strives to reduce the vulnerability of children to acts of sexual exploitation and abuse and strengthens the capabilities of federal, state, and local law enforcement through training programs and investigative assistance.