In this complex, globalized, post 9/11-world, our operational partnerships have never been more important to our efforts to protect your communities.
Today, we work with colleagues at every level of government—local, state, federal, even international—across the law enforcement, intelligence, and first responder communities. We lead and take part in multi-agency task forces, intelligence groups and fusion centers, and public and private sector alliances. A number of our partners literally sit shoulder-to-shoulder with us in FBI space, just as we share our agents and analysts with other agencies. We work closely on joint investigations—sometimes taking the lead, sometimes taking a back seat to others, sometimes contributing equally among many agencies. Our work with our colleagues, in fact, is so intertwined today that it’s often nearly impossible to separate the contributions of one agency—and one nation—from the next.
In Jacksonville, our major partnerships include:
- The North Florida Joint Terrorism Task Force brings together representatives of local, state, and federal agencies to run down any and all terrorism leads, develop and investigate cases, provide support for special events, and proactively identify threats that may impact the area and the nation. We also have satellite Joint Terrorism Task Forces working out of Daytona, Gainesville, Ocala, Panama City, and Pensacola.
- The Jacksonville Field Intelligence Group (FIG) is a team of FBI agents and analysts who provide a full range of intelligence support on terrorism, cyber, and criminal threats. The FIG is also combined with the multi-agency Florida Fusion Center, located in Tallahassee, Florida, which was established in January 2007. The Florida Fusion Center serves as the state node and will provide connectivity and intelligence sharing among Florida’s regional fusion centers. The center includes Florida Department of Law Enforcement members, federal agencies, and state multi-disciplinary partners; it also conducts outreach to private sector entities. The FIG supports the North Florida Regional Intelligence Fusion Center, located in the greater Jacksonville area. These fusion centers support law enforcement and intelligence partners across Florida.
- We participate in the FBI Counterintelligence Strategic Partnerships Program, which builds relationships between private industry, academia, government agencies, the FBI, and its counterintelligence community partners to identify and protect projects of great importance to the U.S. government.
- The Jacksonville InfraGard Chapter is the local arm of a national information-sharing alliance between private industry, academia, and government focused of protecting the nation’s critical infrastructures against attack or failure caused by either foreign or domestic threats.
- We participate in the Northeast Florida Human Trafficking Task Force, a collaborative effort with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, law enforcement partners, and non-governmental agencies that works to combat domestic and international human trafficking.
- The Violent Crime Safe Streets Task Force (VCSSTF) identifies and targets for prosecution individuals and criminal enterprises involved in kidnappings, extortions, threats, murder for hire, bank robberies, commercial robberies, assaults on federal officers, fugitives, crimes aboard aircraft, crimes on high seas, crimes of violence against children, serial homicides, and other complex multi-jurisdictional violent crimes. The VCSSTF addresses the most violent criminal offenders/enterprises in Jacksonville and maintains and equips an effective cadre of experienced criminal investigators capable of responding 24/7.