Request for Public Assistance to Identify Bank Robber
The FBI and local law enforcement agencies are seeking the public’s assistance to identify the individual responsible for three bank robberies in the San Diego area. The robberies occurred between November 28, 2016 and January 11, 2017. In all instances the robber wore a jacket or sweatshirt, dark sunglasses, and a hat. Additionally, in each robbery, the robber provided a demand note stating he had a gun and demanded all the money in the drawers. The robber then fled from the banks on foot.
- January 11, 2017: Wells Fargo Bank branch at 9996 Scripps Ranch Blvd. in San Diego, California (attempted robbery)
- January 3, 2017: U.S. Bank branch at 5100 Federal Blvd. in San Diego, California
- November 28, 2016: Wells Fargo Bank branch at 1302 Garnet Avenue in San Diego, California
Witnesses have described the robber as follows:
- Sex: Male
- Race: Black
- Age: Approximately 23-27 years old
- Height: 5’7” tall
- Weight: Approximately 120 to 140 pounds
- Build: Medium
- Clothing: Sweatshirt/jacket, dark sunglasses, and hat
If you have information regarding this robber, please contact the San Diego FBI at 858-320-1800.