FBI and Local Law Enforcement Seek the Public’s Assistance to Identify the Hipster Bandit
The FBI, San Diego Police Department, San Diego Sheriff’s Departmentm and La Mesa Police Department are seeking the public’s assistance to identify the Hipster Bandit, who is believed to be responsible for four bank robberies in the San Diego County area with his most recent robbery occurring on Saturday, January 9, 2016, with the robbery of the Wells Fargo Bank located inside the Vons grocery store, 4725 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, California.
The Hipster Bandit is wanted in connection with four bank robberies in San Diego County during the period July 2, 2015 through January 9, 2016. In each robbery the Hipster Bandit has used a demand and targets banks located inside grocery stores.
The Hipster Bandit is believed to be responsible for the following bank robberies.
- July 2, 2015, U.S. Bank, 8920 Fletcher Parkway, La Mesa, California. View Wanted poster
- September 25, 2015, U.S. Bank, 1133 Mission Road, Fallbrook, California.
- November 2, 2015, Wells Fargo Bank, 10675 Scripps Poway Parkway, San Diego, California. View Wanted poster
- January 9, 2016, Wells Fargo Bank, 4725 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, California. View Wanted poster
The most recent robbery attributed to the Hipster Bandit occurred on Saturday, January 9, 2016, at the Wells Fargo Bank located inside the Vons grocery store at 4725 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, California, at approximately 2:00 p.m. During this robbery, the Hipster Bandit presented a demand note for cash. The note indicated he was there to rob the bank, instructed the teller how to actm and demanded specific denominations. After receiving a sum of money from the teller, the Hipster Bandit fled the scene on foot. No injuries were reported as a result of the robbery.
The Hipster Bandit is described as follows:
- Sex: Male
- Race: White
- Age: Late 20s to early 30s
- Hair: Brown
- Weight: Approximately 110 to 140 pounds
- Height: 5’3” to 5’5” tall
- Build: Skinny
- Miscellaneous: Tattoo on left bicep
- Clothing: During the latest robbery the Hipster Bandit wore a black “Star Wars”themed T-shirt with images and the word “Stormtrooper,” black jeans, and black shoes
Anyone with information concerning the Hipster Bandit is asked to contact the FBI at (858) 320-1800 or San Diego Crime Stoppers at (888) 540-8477. To view photographs of this and other San Diego bank robbers, visit https://bankrobbers.fbi.gov.