FBI Seeking Bad Breath Bandit in Northern California
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is seeking information that may lead to the apprehension of an armed and dangerous bank robber who has robbed seven banks in Northern California and may have cased one bank. Dubbed the “Bad Breath Bandit” for his use of a disposable paper face mask during the commission of most of the robberies, the suspect is a Caucasian male who stands approximately 6’0” tall, weighs approximately 210-250 pounds with a medium build, and has dark hair.
The Bad Breath Bandit is alleged to be responsible for the following incidents:
- June 17, 2014: Tri Counties Bank located at 305 Railroad Avenue in Nevada City (casing); Bank of the West located at 460 Brunswick Road in Grass Valley
- September 25, 2015: Umpqua Bank located at 7843 Highway 99 East in Los Molinos
- November 13, 2014: Tri Counties Bank located at 9411 Midway in Durham
- February 5, 2015: 22712 Main Street in Columbia
- March 30, 2015: Tri Counties Bank located at 305 Railroad Road in Nevada City
- May 18, 2015: U.S. Bank located at 236 Main Street in Chester
- March 21, 2016: El Dorado Savings located at 6310 Highway 193 in Georgetown
Most recently, on March 21, 2016, at approximately, 12:49 p.m., the suspect entered the El Dorado Savings located at 6310 Highway 193 in Georgetown. He approached a teller and displayed a black pistol while he made a demand for cash. After receiving an undisclosed amount of money and placing the cash in a grey backpack, the suspect left the area, possibly in a vehicle. During the robbery, the suspect wore a San Francisco 49ers ball cap, a blue raincoat, and blue jeans. Again, the suspect attempted to conceal his identity by wearing a dust mask and dark sunglasses.
Additional details and photos of the Bad Breath Bandit are available on the FBI’s new Wanted Bank Robbers website: https://bankrobbers.fbi.gov/robbers-container/2014-11-14.1153334714.
Wanted fugitives, bank robberies, and other cases in need additional information from the public are posted for viewing on the FBI Sacramento Division’s Most Wanted page. Individuals with information about any fugitive or case posted on the FBI Sacramento Division’s Most Wanted page may call (661) 323-9665 or 1-800-CALL-FBI (800-885-5984). Additional details and photos of the Bad Breath Bandit are available on the FBI’s Wanted Bank Robbers website: https://bankrobbers.fbi.gov/robbers-container/2014-11-14.1153334714.