FBI Offers Virtual Recruitment Opportunities
Looking for new ways to serve your community and your country? Ready to check out new challenges? As the FBI’s future depends on the workforce we are hiring right now, we have not lowered our standards, nor have we adjusted our commitment to diversity during this time. What we are doing is looking for new ways to connect with applicants.
Given current requirements for physical distancing, the FBI is offering potential candidates the opportunity to explore career options virtually. Each Thursday, the FBI’s Portland Field Office is conducting “Ask an Agent” sessions online for Oregonians. Job seekers who take part have a chance to get more information about the application process and to ask questions about life as an agent.
Virtual “Ask an Agent” Sessions
- Every Thursday through June 2020
- 1 – 2 p.m.
- Registration required: email portlandapplicants@FBI.gov
Do You Qualify?
FBI special agent applicants must meet certain criteria, including:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 23—36
- Have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a U.S.-accredited school
- Have at least two years professional work experience
- Be able to obtain a security clearance
- Be able to pass a physical fitness test. You can check your readiness by downloading the FBI’s FitTest smartphone app (available through the App Store or Google Play)
What does it take for an applicant to be competitive? While the FBI encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply to the FBI, we are actively seeking individuals with the following skills:
- Science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)
- Military/law enforcement
- Health Care services/medical
Beyond that, FBI recruiters are looking for people with “core competencies,” including: collaboration; communication; flexibility and adaptability; initiative; interpersonal ability; leadership; organizing and planning; and problem solving and judgment. For more information on basic requirements and process, go to www.FBIJobs.gov. Also, follow us at @FBIPortland on Twitter for updates about our recruiting events.