Additional Arrest Made in Arizona Related to the Occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
At 8:30 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 26, 2016, the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) Phoenix Division made a probable cause arrest of Jon Eric Ritzheimer, age 32, on a federal charge related to the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon. Ritzheimer turned himself into the Peoria, Arizona, Police Department. The arrest was without incident.
Ritzheimer faces one federal felony charge of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.
The FBI made the Arizona arrest in conjunction with a series of other arrests made by FBI and Oregon State Police in Harney County, Oregon, earlier in the evening. The following individuals also face the same charge:
- Ammon Edward Bundy, age 40, of Emmett, Idaho
- Ryan C. Bundy, age 43, of Bunkerville, Nevada
- Brian Cavalier, age 44, of Bunkerville, Nevada
- Shawna Cox, age 59, Kanab, Utah
- Ryan Waylen Payne, age 32, of Anaconda, Montana
- Joseph Donald O’Shaughnessy, age 45, of Cottonwood, Arizona
- Peter Santilli, age 50, of Cincinnati, Ohio
We continue to work with Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward and his deputies and the United States Attorney’s Office to address any further outstanding issues. As the investigation is ongoing, we cannot comment further at this time.
All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Statement by SAC Greg Bretzing at Press Conference (02/11/16)
- FBI Arrests All Remaining Occupiers at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge (02/11/16)
- FBI Surrounds Occupiers at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge (02/10/16)
- Remarks by SAC Greg Bretzing at Press Conference (01/28/16)
- Additional Arrests in the Occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge (01/27/16)
- Additional Arrest Made in Arizona Related to Occupation (01/26/16)
- Joint Statement by FBI and Oregon State Police (01/26/16)