Serial Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested, Charged with Seven Arizona Bank Robberies
PHOENIX, AZ—On Friday, August 28, 2020, the FBI’s Violent Crimes Task Force, with assistance from the Phoenix Police Department, arrested Scott David Williams, 59, without incident following a bank robbery. Williams is now facing charges in connection with seven bank robberies throughout Arizona since June 2020, including:
- June 26, 2020, Deer Valley Credit Union, 15613 West Bell Road in Surprise, Arizona
- July 17, 2020, Chase Bank,10116 West Bell Road in Sun City, Arizona
- July 27, 2020, Chase Bank, 8280 West Lake Pleasant Parkway in Peoria, Arizona
- August 6, 2020, Desert Financial Credit Union, 10725 West Grand Avenue in Sun City, Arizona
- August 6, 2020, Chase Bank, 9028 West Northern Avenue in Peoria, Arizona
- August 17, 2020, West Valley National Bank, 2440 North Litchfield Road in Goodyear, Arizona
- August 28, 2020, Chase Bank, 34630 North Valley Parkway, in Phoenix, Arizona
In each instance, the suspect approached the victim teller and verbally demanded money.
No one was physically injured during the bank robberies.
The FBI’s Violent Crimes Task Force would like to thank the Goodyear Police Department and Phoenix Police Department for their outstanding work on this case along with the Arizona Department of Public Safety laboratory, the Surprise Police Department, Peoria Police Department, and Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
The suspect has been charged in a criminal complaint, filed in federal court. A complaint is only an accusation, and a defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. Related court documents and information may be found on the website of the District Court for Arizona at http://www.azd.uscourts.gov/ or on PACER https://www.pacer.gov/
The FBI Violent Crime Task Force is comprised of the Phoenix Police Department, Peoria Police Department, Scottsdale Police Department, Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office FATE team, Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, and the FBI.
Magistrate Number: 2:20-mj-03198-MTM