Serial Bank Robber Sought
NYPD’s Joint Violent Crime Task Force is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a man wanted for multiple armed bank robberies in Queens, New York. The man is believed to be involved in at least 12 separate robberies, including five in which he displayed a handgun in his waistband. In 12 robberies, the suspect passed a demand note to the teller and left on foot after taking U.S. currency from the tellers.
The suspect is described as a black or Hispanic male with a medium to light complexion. He is believed to be approximately 6’0” tall and 200 to 250 pounds. He wears glasses and a baseball cap, usually of a sports team, during the robberies. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Photos and video are available below.
The last identified robbery took place on December 9, 2014 at the Chase Bank at 74-04 Elliot Avenue in Queens, New York. The robberies are focused in and around the Jackson Heights and East Elmhurst/Astoria neighborhoods in Queens.
A significant reward is available for information that leads to an arrest in the case. Anyone with information should call the FBI-NYPD’s Violent Crime Task Force at 212-384-1000. Tipsters may remain anonymous.
Other locations of the banks robbed include, but are not limited to:
- Chase Bank, located at 60-67 Myrtle Avenue, Ridgewood, New York, on December 6, 2014;
- Chase Bank, located at 69-55 Grand Avenue, Queens, New York, on October 4, 2014;
- Dime Savings Bank of Willamsburgh, 75-23 37th Avenue, Jackson Heights, New York, on August 30, 2014;
- Chase Bank, located at 47-11 Queens Boulevard, Sunnyside, New York on July 25, 2014;
- Santander (attempt), located at 89-01 Northern Boulevard, Jackson Heights, New York, on July 22, 2014;
- Chase Bank, located at 77-01 31st Avenue, East Elmhurst, New York, on June 7, 2014.