Arrest Made in Chaska Bank Robbery
FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard T. Thornton announces the arrest of Tong Moua, of St. Paul. Moua was arrested without incident by officers from the Chaska Police Department on March 1, 2016. Moua was arrested in connection with a bank robbery that occurred at the Charter Bank branch at 706 Walnut Street North in Chaska on March 1, 2016. Moua is also a suspect in the following robberies and attempted robberies:
- TCF Bank—459 Lexington Avenue North, St. Paul, Minnesota (August 29, 2015);
- TCF Bank—1988 Suburban Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota (November 23, 2015);
- TCF Bank—1988 Suburban Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota (November 27, 2015);
- Bremer Bank—427 North Snelling Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota (December 28, 2015);
- Bremer Bank—427 North Snelling Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota January 28, 2016);
- Lake Area Bank—5795 Morning Dove Avenue, Oak Park Heights, Minnesota (attempted robbery—January 28, 2016);
- Wells Fargo Bank—1156 Vierling Drive East, Shakopee, Minnesota (attempted robbery—March 1, 2016)
Following Moua’s arrest, FBI Special Agent in Charge, Thornton stated, “Mr. Moua’s arrest was the culmination of a joint effort between local law enforcement and the FBI.” The following agencies worked together on these bank robbery investigations: the St. Paul Police Department, the Chaska Police Department, the Shakopee Police Department, the Carver County Sheriff’s Office, the Scott County Sheriff’s Office, and the FBI.
Moua is considered to be innocent of these crimes until or unless he is proven guilty in a court of law.