Two Arrested for Four Bank Robberies in South Florida
The FBI announces the arrest of German Flaca, 26, of Miami, and Christopher Lima, 29, of Miami, for their alleged involvement in four South Florida bank robberies today, February 5, 2020.
- They are alleged to be involved in the following bank robberies (all on February 4, 2020):
- Chase Bank branch located at 12945 SW 112 Street, Miami, Florida (approx 2:15 p.m.);
- Citi Bank branch located at 18395 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, Florida (approx 3:30 p.m.);
- Chase Bank branch located at 12590 West Sunrise Boulevard; Sunrise, Florida (approx 4:30 p.m.);
- Chase Bank branch located at 10585 Wiles Road, Coral Springs, Florida (approx 5:30 p.m.).
Flaca and Lima were arrested without incident this evening, February 5, 2020, by the Coral Springs Police Department following a traffic stop, and are currently in federal custody (being housed overnight in the Broward County jail).
It is anticipated that their initial appearance will be tomorrow, February 6, 2020, in Miami federal court. The court documents detailing their charges may be found in PACER in due time.
Miami Dade Police Department, Pembroke Pines Police Department, Sunrise Police Department, Coral Springs Police Department, and the FBI continue their investigation.