FBI Arrests Serial Bank Robber
The FBI announces the arrest of Jose Tamayo, 50, of Miami, Florida, for his alleged involvement in three bank robberies and one attempted bank robbery.
The bank robberies include:
- August 13, 2016, TD Bank at 9005 Biscayne Blvd. in Miami Shores;
- September 4, 2016, TD Bank, same address as above;
- September 6, 2016, attempted robbery at TD Bank 11626 Hallandale Beach Blvd. in Hallandale;
- September 9, 2016, Capital Bank at 1390 South Dixie Hwy in Coral Gables.
The arrest was made on September 9, 2016 without incident in Miami by the FBI’s South Florida Violent Crime Task Force (SFVCTF).
Tamayo is allegedly the individual at the counter in the Miami Shores robberies. The black Ford Ranger XLT has been seized. A second individual in the robberies is still at large and investigators continue to urge anyone who may have information as to the identity of that robber to call the FBI at (754) 703-2000 or Crimestoppers.
Tamayo is in federal custody and is facing federal charges. His initial appearance is expected to be September 12, 2016 in Federal Court, Miami.
The investigation continues and involves the following law enforcement agencies:
- Miami Shores Police Department
- Hallandale Beach Police Department
- Hollywood Police Department
- City of Miami Police Department
- Miami-Dade Police Department
- Coral Gables Police Department
- FBI SFVCTF
No further information will be released at this time.