FBI Announces the Arrest of an Alleged Serial Bank Robber
The FBI announces the arrest of Aaron Honaker, 41, of Miami, Florida, for his alleged involvement in the robbery or attempted robbery of five South Florida banks.
Honaker was arrested yesterday evening, October 20, 2020, without incident in Coral Gables by the Coral Gables Police Department as he was attempting to enter a bank. He is currently in federal custody.
The FBI commends the actions of the Coral Gables Police Department in making the arrest.
It is alleged that Honaker was involved in the following bank robberies or attempts:
- September 30 – Citibank branch at 396 Alhambra Circle, Coral Gables, Florida;
- October 3 – Chase Bank branch at 20880 Biscayne Boulevard, Aventura, Florida;
- October 5 – Wells Fargo Bank branch at 2555 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables, Florida;
- October 10 – Chase Bank branch at 355 Alhambra Circle, Coral Gables, Florida;
- October 15 – HSBC Bank branch at 2222 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables, Florida;
The court documents detailing his charges may be found in PACER in due time. It is anticipated that his initial appearance will be in Miami federal court.
The Coral Gables PD, Aventura PD, the FBI’s South Florida Violent Crime Task Force, and the FBI continue their investigation.
No further information will be released at this time.
Press releases are issued by the FBI for matters pertaining to public safety and/or requests for public assistance/information. Anyone with information about an FBI investigation is urged to call (754)703-2000.