FBI and ATF Participating in Empower Me Center’s Summer Day Camp Program
NASHVILLE, TN—On Friday, June 22, 2018, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., the FBI Memphis Field Office – Nashville Resident Agency and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) will participate in Empower Me Center’s Summer Day Camp, a program for individuals ranging from 5-34 years old with mild to moderate physical, developmental, or mental disabilities. The FBI’s Evidence Response Team (ERT) will demonstrate evidence recovery techniques—recovery of fingerprints and use of the alternate light source. Campers will have an opportunity to see the FBI robots in action, try on SWAT gear (helmets, night vision googles), participate in analytical exercises with the FBI’s intelligence team, and visit with the ATF K-9.
- Who: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), Empower Me Center – Changing the Lives of Individuals with Disabilities!
- When: Friday, June 22, 2018, 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Where: 416 Baird Park Circle, Lebanon, TN 37087
- Interviews: Assistant Special Agent in Charge Matt Espenshade, Public Affairs Officer Elizabeth Clement Webb, and Supervisory Intelligence Analyst Meghann Rusbarsky, of the FBI Memphis Field Office – Nashville Resident Agency, and Executive Director Michelle Hill and Day Camper Gabryelle Conklin, of the Empower Me Center, will be available to answer media questions.
- Media Parking: Parking is available in front of the Harold Dean Greer Recreation Center. For more information about the Empower Me Center’s Summer Day Camp and this event, please contact Michelle Hill, executive director, Empower Me Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-812-1356.