FBI Press Advisory: 'Operation Inland Regional Roundup' Announced
The FBI and law enforcement partners and/or members of the Inland Regional Child Exploitation and Human Trafficking Task Force, as well as affiliated agencies, executed Operation “Inland Regional Roundup” over the past week, announced Kristi Johnson, the assistant director of the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office.
Eighteen individuals were arrested, including a number of registered sex offenders, on child exploitation charges, weapons and drug charges. Minor victims were identified and additional intelligence was gathered on how these offenders use technology to exploit children. In addition to state charges, many may be subject to federal charges as this investigation continues. The focus of the operation was to coordinate efforts combating violent crimes against children. Subjects of these investigations resided in both Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and are believed to be exploiting children by producing child sexual abuse material through sextortion or coercion, or continuing the abuse by distributing child sexual abuse material.
The Inland Regional task force fosters a victim-center approach and prosecutes at both the state and federal levels. Among the goals of the Inland Regional Child Exploitation and Human Trafficking Task Force is to enhance the effectiveness of law enforcement resources through well-coordinated, deliberate efforts seeking the most effective investigative and prosecutorial avenues to convict and incarcerate dangerous offenders.
The following departments directly contributed to the success of the overall operation.
- San Bernardino Police Department
- Fontana Police Department
- Riverside County District Attorney’s Office
- Riverside Police Department
- Ontario Police Department
- San Bernardino Sheriff’s Office
- Rialto Police Department
- Upland Police Department
- Riverside Sheriff’s Office
- Menifee Police Department
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Desert Hot Springs Police Department
- Murrieta Police Department.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- San Diego District Attorney’s Office
- Colton Police Department
- United States Attorney’s Office, Central District of California
Additional information about developments resulting from this operation will be provided in the near future. Please contact the FBI’s Press Office in Los Angeles for additional information.