U.S. Attorney’s Office
Southern District of Mississippi
(601) 965-4480
October 13, 2015

Jackson Man Sentenced to Prison for Possession of a Firearm by Convicted Felon

JACKSON, MS—Antonio Anderson, 24, of Jackson, was sentenced on October 13, 2015, by U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III, to 82 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release for possessing a firearm after having previously been convicted of a felony, announced U.S. Attorney Gregory K. Davis. Anderson pled guilty to the charge on July 23, 2015. His previous felony conviction was in Hinds County Circuit Court for house burglary.

On October 28, 2014, members of the Jackson Police Department received information that a vehicle was in the process of being burglarized in the Highland Village parking lot. Police officers responded to Highland Village and then pursued the suspect’s vehicle for approximately four miles to an area near Pleasant and Illinois Avenues. Anderson was observed by officers running with two firearms into a nearby house. Anderson and the two firearms were found inside the house. One of the firearms discovered during the search of the house had been stolen from the vehicle during the burglary at Highland Village.

Anderson was indicted as part of the Jackson Violent Crime Initiative, a joint initiative between federal, state and local law enforcement agencies who are working together to reduce violent crime in the city of Jackson and to remove violent offenders from the streets of this community. The Initiative is an ongoing operation aimed at making the streets of Jackson and the surrounding communities safe for all citizens. Jackson Violent Crime Initiative partners include the Jackson Police Department, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), U.S. Marshals Service, Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, and U.S. Secret Service.

This case was investigated by the ATF and the Jackson Police Department. It was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Patrick Lemon.

This content has been reproduced from its original source.