FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to the Identification, Arrest, and Conviction of The Route 91 Bandit
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the individual allegedly responsible for at least 11 bank robberies located in various cities and towns along Rt. 91 in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Vermont.
The white male suspect, who is considered armed and dangerous, is between 5’6” to 5’8” tall with a medium build. He has blue eyes and light-colored hair and typically wears a hood or a hat and white sneakers. The suspect has threatened the use of a firearm and during at least six of the robberies, he attempted to enter the vault.
The FBI Boston Division is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the Route 91 Bandit’s identification, arrest, and conviction.
Investigators believe the suspect may be operating a newer model Nissan sedan.
The public is being asked to review photos of the robber and share the images on social media.
“In the interest of public safety, we’re asking anyone with information about this individual to contact us immediately. We need to put a stop to this man’s crime spree before someone gets hurt. He’s considered armed and dangerous so please take a close look at these images and reach out to us if you know who he is,” said Joseph R. Bonavolonta, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Boston Division.
The individual is alleged to be responsible for the following robberies:
- September 9, 2021, at approx. 10:21 a.m., Arrha Credit Union, 63 Park Ave., West Springfield, MA
- September 20, 2021, at approx. 11:50 a.m., American Eagle Credit Union 201 Elm St., Enfield, CT
- October 4, 2021, at approx.4:50 p.m., People’s United Bank, 479 Canal Street, Brattleboro, VT
- October 15, 2021, at approx. 10:45 a.m., Webster Bank, 2 North Road, East Windsor, CT
- October 22, 2021, at approx. 11:45 a.m., Webster Bank, 637 Main Street, Somers, CT
- November 5, 2021, at approx. 3:18 p.m., Workers Credit Union, 107 Tower Road, Athol, MA
- November 19, 2021, at approx. 4:42 p.m., Liberty Bank, 27 Dale Road, Avon, CT
- November 20, 2021, at approx. 8:46 a.m., Savings Bank of Walpole, 400 West Street, Keene, NH
- December 16, 2021, at approx. 11:48 a.m., Greenfield Cooperative Bank, 176 Avenue A, Montague, MA
- January 6, 2022, at approx. 10:50 a.m., Keystone Bank, 122 Prospect Hill Road, East Windsor, CT
- January 27, 2022, at approx. 5:52 p.m., Franklin First Federal Credit Union, 57 Newton Street, Greenfield, MA
The FBI is offering a monetary reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest, and prosecution of the person responsible for these robberies.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI at 1-857-386-2000. Tips can also be electronically submitted at tips.fbi.gov.