FBI Media Alert: FBI, Albuquerque Police Search for Bandaged Bandit Serial Bank Robber
The FBI and Albuquerque Police Department are seeking the public’s assistance to identify the Bandaged Bandit who committed a bank robbery on Wednesday, April 20, 2022, and is suspected of three others.
At approximately 4:55 p.m., an unknown male entered PNC Bank, 9500 Sage Road SW. The suspect presented a note to the teller demanding money from the bank. The robber received an undisclosed sum of money and left the bank.
- Sex: Male
- Race: White
- Age: 25-35
- Height: Approximately 5'6” to 5'8”
- Weight: 150 pounds
- Build: Thin
- Clothing: Eyeglasses, tan baseball cap with “New Mexico” written on front with the state flag, dark surgical mask, dark sweatshirt, white T-shirt underneath.
The individual is suspected of committing three other bank robberies in Albuquerque since February:
- U.S. Bank, 3801 Isleta Boulevard SW, April 7.
- Wells Fargo, 3801 4th Street NW, on March 2.
- Western Commerce Bank, 1910 Wyoming Boulevard NE, February 22.
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $2,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of this suspect.
Anyone with information about these robberies is asked to contact the FBI at (505) 889-1300, or Albuquerque Metro Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (505) 843-STOP.
Information about other bank robbers wanted by the FBI can be found at bankrobbers.fbi.gov.
Bank robbery carries a possible prison term of up to 20 years. The use of a gun, other dangerous weapon, toy gun, or hoax bomb device during the commission of a bank robbery can be punishable by a prison term of up to 25 years.