Agent Describes Aspects of Israel Keyes Case: We Believe There are 11 Victims Total
August 13, 2013
Anchorage FBI Special Agent Jolene Goeden, in an interview, described some of the aspects of the Israel Keyes case. Goeden, along with other FBI agents, Anchorage Police detectives, federal prosecutors, and law enforcement partners, conducted over 40 hours of interviews with Keyes.
We believe there are 11 victims total, and that is based primarily on what Keyes told us. He was evasive ... he was very evasive at times during interviews, and he told us when we tried to pin him down on a number that it was less than 12. But then there were things that he would say that led us to believe that by ‘less than 12,’ he simply meant 11, and so he was quick to correct us in interviews if we had something wrong. There were several times where we just threw out statements like 'your 11 victims' and things like that and he didn’t correct us, so based on that and some additional things that he said, we believe the number is 11.
- 08.22.2019 — FBI, This Week: Advocating Against Ransomware Payment Demands
- 08.15.2019 — FBI, This Week: Public Corruption Threat Emerges in Marijuana Industry
- 08.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Victim Services Response Team
- 08.01.2019 — FBI, This Week: Convictions Increase Against Pill Mill Operators
- 07.25.2019 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Addresses Lawmakers About Line-of-Duty Deaths