Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in the Murder of Sarah Rae Boehm
November 3, 2016
The FBI is seeking information about the murder of a 14-year-old girl from outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is seeking information into the murder of a 14-year-old girl from outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Sarah Rae Boehm, of Rochester Township, disappeared in 1994. Her body was found several months later in an area of an Ohio state park called Berlin Reservoir.
Thomas Carter: We don’t know whether she was killed here in Pennsylvania and driven to Ohio; we don’t know whether she was taken to Ohio and then killed in Ohio and dumped in that park. Where she was placed in the park is off the beaten path out in the middle of the woods.
Halpern: That was Special Agent Thomas Carter, who works on this case every single day.
Carter: Her life was taken from her, and we need to find out who did it.
Halpern: Sarah’s remains were found less than a half a mile from where another missing teenager, 17-year-old Kathryn Menendez, was found murdered. The cases could be related.
Carter: I don’t believe that whoever did this has kept this to themselves all these years. I think just pure human nature—people talk. And if someone has spoken to someone and that person knows anything, I implore them to call the FBI.
Halpern: Report tips to your local FBI or the Portage County, Ohio, Sheriff’s Office.
Carter: Somebody got away with killing a little kid, and it just isn’t right. That’s what keeps you going.
Halpern: With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes