Wanted by the FBI: Marysol Pena
March 22, 2019
The FBI is trying to track down the location of Marysol Pena, a convicted drug trafficker with alleged connections to a Mexican drug cartel.
Mollie Halpern: A convicted drug trafficker with alleged connections to a Mexican drug cartel is on the run.
The FBI is trying to track down the location of Marysol Pena.
Special Agent Bryan Acee says Pena was a target of an undercover operation in which she accepted cash in exchange for drugs.
Bryan Acee: She subsequently sent a runner from Arizona to New Mexico with 15 pounds of methamphetamine and several hundred fentanyl tablets.
Halpern: The fentanyl tablets were disguised as the opioid pain reliever OxyContin, leaving the consumer with no idea what they actually bought.
Acee: The amount of fentanyl in each pill was not consistent. So, one of them could have three times as much as the last pill you took. And that was of significant concern to us.
Halpern: Pena is known to travel to Phoenix, Arizona; Atlanta, Georgia; and Sonora, Mexico.
If you have any information on Pena’s whereabouts, call your local FBI field office or report tips online at tips.fbi.gov. With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 12.22.2021 — Inside the FBI: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.16.2021 — Inside the FBI: Holiday Scams, Revisited
- 11.22.2021 — Heather Houston, Minneapolis Chapter, FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.22.2021 — Guillermo Torres, Miami Chapter, FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.22.2021 — Kristi Lee, Phoenix Chapter, FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association