Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
May 18, 2017
The FBI is asking for tips that will help lead investigators to a Florida man wanted for his role in a multi-million-dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is asking for tips that will help lead investigators to a Florida man wanted for his role in a multi-million-dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Convicted felon Jaime Jesus Sola Avila allegedly used illegal and deceitful tactics to convince his own son and other unqualified buyers to purchase condominiums.
To ensure their mortgages would be approved, Sola assisted in submitting false and fraudulent mortgage loan applications and related documents to banks.
Special Agent Darin Didier says Sola took advantage of others to line his own pockets.
Darin Didier: Mr. Sola is somebody who preyed on the goodwill of other individuals. He’s somebody that needs to be held responsible for his actions, especially when you prey on those close to you.
Halpern: Sola carried out the scheme in the Miami, Largo, and Tampa areas in 2007 and 2008.
Sola speaks Spanish and has family ties to the Westchester area of Miami. He was last seen in Doral, Florida.
Didier: If this type of behavior is allowed to continue, who knows who else he might be targeting next for these types of schemes.
Halpern: If you have information on Sola’s whereabouts, call your local FBI office. Submit tips at tips.fbi.gov.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 09.21.2018 — FBI, This Week: Education Technologies Could Pose Risks to Students
- 09.11.2018 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 1
- 09.11.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Delivers Life-Saving Message to 9/11 First Responders
- 09.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hoax Threats Have Consequences
- 08.31.2018 — FBI, This Week: Protected Voices Initiative Launched