Top Ten Fugitive in Custody
March 29, 2013
An alleged murderer on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list is in custody.
Mollie Halpern: An alleged murderer on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list is in custody. This comes just two weeks after Edwin Ernesto Rivera Gracias was added to the famed list.
Russell W. Humphrey: The addition of Rivera Gracias to the list was instrumental in getting to the ultimate outcome of where we are today.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Rivera Gracias, a member of the violent MS-13 gang, faces charges for the murder of a 69-year-old man in the Denver, Colorado area back in 2011. Rivera Gracias voluntarily returned to Denver after coordination between Salvadoran authorities and the FBI’s legal attaché office in San Salvador. Case agent Russell Humphrey escorted Rivera Gracias on the trip.
Humphrey: The fact that Rivera Gracias was located and brought back to the United States proves that the FBI won’t stop the relentless pursuit of a fugitive.
Halpern: The Top Ten Fugitives list is one of the FBI’s most effective and longest-running publicity programs.
Humphrey: The FBI owes the national and international media—as well as citizens—a great debt for all of their assistance in this matter.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston