October 10, 2012
The FBI is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of The Ray-Bandit.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of The Ray-Bandit.
Michael Peasley: He’s always wearing sunglasses that look to be Ray-Ban-style sunglasses. They’re larger, so they cover most of his eyes.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. The unknown bank robber has hit 10 banks in five states—Nebraska, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. The heavy-set man mostly targeted banks inside grocery stores between July and October 10. He threatens tellers with typewritten notes which claim he has a gun. Case Agent Michael Peasley says the bandit covers up his fingertips…
Peasley: It’s been described as Band-Aids; it’s also been described as rubber thimbles on all of his fingers so that he avoids leaving fingerprints.
Halpern: Investigators believe the bank bandit has light skin and strawberry-blond hair but disguises himself…
Peasley: …wearing bigger hats; he’s also wearing fake beards; he appears to be dying his hair.
Halpern: For pictures of the bandit and his car, visit www.fbi.gov. Report tips at 1-800-CALL-FBI.
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston