Seeking Information in Murder of Amy Renee Mihaljevic
March 11, 2014
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic.
Vicki Anderson: We want to know who did this to Amy. And we want to see them brought to justice.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is Wanted by the FBI. In October of 1989, Amy met a man at a shopping center in Bay Village, Ohio—a suburb of Cleveland. The man, who was white, between the ages of 30 and 40, had called Amy a couple of weeks prior and promised to take her shopping for her mom. Special Agent Vicki Anderson…
Anderson: She had told her friends that this was a secret, that the man had indicated that she kept a better secret than her brother, so that’s why he was calling her.
Halpern: Months later, a jogger discovered Amy’s little body in a field in Ashland County, Ohio.
Anderson: She had been stabbed and had head trauma.
Halpern: A turquoise horse earring, black boots, and leather binder with Amy when she was abducted have never been found. For photos, visit www.fbi.gov. Report tips to your local FBI field office or call 1-800-CALL-FBI.
- 11.22.2022 — Inside the FBI: Hanging Up on Tech Support Scams
- 10.28.2022 — Inside the FBI: Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Omar Alexander Cardenas
- 10.07.2022 — Audio of Amy Lynn Hanson Seeking Information Poster in Navajo and English
- 10.07.2022 — Audio of Jolynn Marie Calavaza Seeking Information Poster in Navajo and English
- 08.25.2022 — Inside the FBI: Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Ruja Ignatova