Reward Offered for Evgeniy Mikhailovich Bogachev
February 25, 2015
A reward of up to $3 million is available for information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of cyber criminal Evgeniy Bogachev.
Mollie Halpern: A reward of up to $3 million is available for information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of Evgeniy Bogachev. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI. Bogachev is the leader of a gang of cyber criminals wanted for developing and running a botnet called GameOver Zeus—which caused more than $100 million in financial losses in the U.S.
Assistant Director of the FBI Cyber Division Joseph Demarest says Bogachev is likely in Russia.
Joseph Demarest: Let this reward also be a notice to other cyber criminals seeking refuge abroad thinking they are out of the reach of U.S. law enforcement.
Halpern: The U.S. Department of State’s Transnational Organized Crime—or TOC—Program made the reward available. William Brownfield, an assistant secretary of state, says it’s the highest amount ever for a cyber criminal.
William R. Brownfield: This is the first time that this particular form of cyber crime has been subject to a TOC reward—and a substantial TOC reward.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI or contact your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- 01.19.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month
- 01.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Organized Retail Crime Can Create Health Dangers for Consumers
- 01.05.2017 — FBI, This Week: Highway Serial Killings Initiative
- 12.29.2016 — FBI, This Week: Report Border Corruption
- 12.23.2016 — Se Busca por el FBI: Robert Francis Van Wisse en la Lista de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados