December 7, 2012
The FBI needs your help tracking down a Chilean woman who is wanted for her role in an online fraud scheme.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help tracking down a Chilean woman who is wanted for her role in an online fraud scheme. Patricia Saa may be on the run with her boyfriend, Marcelo Lafertte.
Raymond Andjich: We believe that they are likely traveling together in Chile and perhaps most recently in Bolivia.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this Wanted by the FBI. Saa and her co-conspirators allegedly lied about investment opportunities they were offering through their Florida-based company, Commodities Online. Investigators say nearly 800 victims around the globe were cheated out of $21 million. Special Agent Raymond Andjich…
Andjich: Much of the money was misappropriated for personal use.
Halpern: For example, Saa allegedly used investor funds to pay the bond of her partner in crime.
Andjich: The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance for any information that might lead to her arrest.
Halpern: Saa uses several aliases and speaks Spanish and English. Report tips to your nearest FBI office. To see photos of Saa and her boyfriend, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 10.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria