December 7, 2012
The FBI needs your help tracking down a Chilean woman who is wanted for her role in an online fraud scheme.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help tracking down a Chilean woman who is wanted for her role in an online fraud scheme. Patricia Saa may be on the run with her boyfriend, Marcelo Lafertte.
Raymond Andjich: We believe that they are likely traveling together in Chile and perhaps most recently in Bolivia.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this Wanted by the FBI. Saa and her co-conspirators allegedly lied about investment opportunities they were offering through their Florida-based company, Commodities Online. Investigators say nearly 800 victims around the globe were cheated out of $21 million. Special Agent Raymond Andjich…
Andjich: Much of the money was misappropriated for personal use.
Halpern: For example, Saa allegedly used investor funds to pay the bond of her partner in crime.
Andjich: The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance for any information that might lead to her arrest.
Halpern: Saa uses several aliases and speaks Spanish and English. Report tips to your nearest FBI office. To see photos of Saa and her boyfriend, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social