Watch Out for Internet Scams - I
February 6, 2009
Internet scams are running wild. Special Agent Charles Pavelites is the Acting Chief of the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center...
Mr. Schiff: Internet scams are running wild. Special Agent Charles Pavelites is the Acting Chief of the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center...
Mr. Pavelites: "One that just targets people in the toughest times is the Work At Home scams. People are still being contacted via e-mail to process payments or transfer funds or re-ship products for companies that don’t exist.”
Mr. Schiff: Pavelites says some e-mails extort money with threats…
Mr. Pavelites: "They’re also out there ratcheting up the score on something similar to the Hit Man scheme; there have been bomb threat e-mails coming out.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center which is known as IC3 is there to help you. Pavelites says don’t give in to the bad guys...
Mr. Pavelites: "When you look at something and somebody is telling you ‘We can’t do this but we’d like you to do it for us’ it’s just a tip-off right there.”
Mr. Schiff: Report Internet scams at www.IC3.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 02.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: NCIC Enters its 50th Year
- 02.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Ruben Perez Rivera
- 02.09.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Launches FBI Wanted Mobile App
- 02.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches New Labor Trafficking Initiative
- 02.01.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Lucha Contra la Esclavitud y la Trata de Seres Humanos