Watch Out for Internet Scams - I
February 6, 2009
Internet scams are running wild. Special Agent Charles Pavelites is the Acting Chief of the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center...
Mr. Schiff: Internet scams are running wild. Special Agent Charles Pavelites is the Acting Chief of the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center...
Mr. Pavelites: "One that just targets people in the toughest times is the Work At Home scams. People are still being contacted via e-mail to process payments or transfer funds or re-ship products for companies that don’t exist.”
Mr. Schiff: Pavelites says some e-mails extort money with threats…
Mr. Pavelites: "They’re also out there ratcheting up the score on something similar to the Hit Man scheme; there have been bomb threat e-mails coming out.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center which is known as IC3 is there to help you. Pavelites says don’t give in to the bad guys...
Mr. Pavelites: "When you look at something and somebody is telling you ‘We can’t do this but we’d like you to do it for us’ it’s just a tip-off right there.”
Mr. Schiff: Report Internet scams at www.IC3.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 03.16.2018 — FBI, This Week: Women’s History Month
- 03.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: W-2 Phishing Scams Increase During Tax Season
- 03.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Rapid DNA Analysis Initiative
- 02.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: Global Sweep Addresses Growing Elder Fraud Threat
- 02.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: Restoring the Identities of Unknown Human Remains