Alleged Rapist and Murderer Added to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List
June 5, 2012
Fidel Urbina, an alleged murderer and rapist, is the newest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Mollie Halpern: An alleged murderer and rapist is the newest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Pablo Araya: I don’t think he has stopped his ways of abusing and killing and raping women.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. In 1998, Fidel Urbina repeatedly raped and beat two women within eight months in Chicago. One of the victims escaped. The other he strangled, put her body in a car, and lit it on fire. Special Agent Pablo Araya…
Araya: This girl comes into his shop with car problems, and that’s the last they see of her.
Halpern: 37-year-old Urbina is a Mexican national who goes by several aliases—including Lorenzo Maes.
Araya: One thing that he can’t hide is he’s got pockmark acne scars on his cheeks.
Halpern: A reward of up to $100,000 is available for information leading to the arrest of Urbina.
Araya: I want people to call their nearest FBI office if they think they have information on the whereabouts of Fidel Urbina.
Halpern: Visit www.fbi.gov for more information.
- 09.21.2018 — FBI, This Week: Education Technologies Could Pose Risks to Students
- 09.11.2018 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 1
- 09.11.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Delivers Life-Saving Message to 9/11 First Responders
- 09.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hoax Threats Have Consequences
- 08.31.2018 — FBI, This Week: Protected Voices Initiative Launched