October 17, 2008
Corrupt lawmakers. They’re out there. Tennessee Waltz was one of the big cases where some state legislators are now in prison. In Memphis, FBI Special Agent Howard Marshall supervises these cases...
Mr. Schiff: Corrupt lawmakers. They’re out there. Tennessee Waltz was one of the big cases where some state legislators are now in prison. In Memphis, FBI Special Agent Howard Marshall supervises these cases...
Mr. Marshall: "We have a Public Corruption Task Force that specifically focuses on law enforcement corruption. And we have met with a tremendous amount of success. We’ve teamed with the Memphis Police Department and the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office.”
Mr. Schiff: Marshall says allegations keep on coming in...
Mr. Marshall: "We are close to our 50th indictment in a three year, about a three-and-a-half year period.”
Mr. Schiff: Marshall says the FBI has found police officers taking bribes for protection...
Mr. Marshall: "Specifically in the drug trade. We’ve had a number of cases in which officers have provided protection when narcotics are being transported through Memphis and Shelby County.”
Mr. Schiff: Public Corruption is a top FBI priority right behind Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence and Cyber Crimes. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 11.16.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Assistance in Hania Aguilar Kidnapping Investigation
- 11.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Hate Crime Statistics Released
- 11.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Serving with STEM
- 11.07.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Search Intensifies for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Greg Carlson
- 11.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Combats Chinese Economic Espionage as Part of New Initiative