Toth Captured; Seeking Additional Victims
April 26, 2013
The case continues into an FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitive now in custody.
Halpern: The case continues into an FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitive now in custody.
Eric Justin Toth, a former private school teacher and camp counselor, is an alleged child pornographer.
Valerie Parlave: Eric Toth has been on the run for nearly five years. And we know from our experience with other child predators that they don’t stop what they’re doing.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. The Bureau wants to hear from those who may have been victimized or come in contact with Toth while he was on the lam.
Toth was living under an alias in Nicaragua, but that didn’t stop a tipster from recognizing him and calling the FBI. Valerie Parlave is the assistant director in charge of the Washington Field Office.
Parlave: We were able to—from the time we received the information that the tipster provided—apprehend Toth within a couple of days, which is incredible.
Halpern: The FBI’s legal attaché in Panama worked with the Diplomatic Security Service and Nicaraguan authorities.
Parlave: The relationships with Nicaraguan authorities aided in the capture of Toth.
Halpern: For more information and to report tips, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston
- 08.11.2016 — FBI, This Week: The Internet Crime Complaint Center
- 08.04.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Evidence Response Teams