Top Ten 60th Anniversary - II
March 26, 2010
There have been 494 men and women on the FBI’s famed Top Ten list. One was Mir Aimal Kasi, who shot and killed two people and wounded several others outside CIA Headquarters in 1993...
Mr. Schiff: There have been 494 men and women on the FBI’s famed Top Ten list. One was Mir Aimal Kasi, who shot and killed two people and wounded several others outside CIA Headquarters in 1993. Brad Garrett is now retired, but as an FBI agent, he tracked Kasi around the world, and it ended at a Pakistan hotel in the middle of the night, with a knock on the door.
Mr. Garrett: “Light comes on; bolt to the door unhinges, and we kick the door.”
Mr. Schiff: Garrett and three others stormed in. Kasi was taken down and quickly handcuffed.
Mr. Garrett: “We flipped him over face down on the bed; I straddled him, grabbed his thumb, took an ink pad and printed his thumb, got on the floor, took a magnifying glass, and matched his print up.”
Mr. Schiff: Dennis Condon was an FBI agent who helped catch five Top Ten fugitives. His son, Dennis, Jr., was fascinated enough to become an agent.
Mr. Condon: “ I was often in awe of some of the things that he would tell me about cases.”
Mr. Schiff: See today’s Top Ten on the Internet at fbi.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 08.22.2019 — FBI, This Week: Advocating Against Ransomware Payment Demands
- 08.15.2019 — FBI, This Week: Public Corruption Threat Emerges in Marijuana Industry
- 08.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Victim Services Response Team
- 08.01.2019 — FBI, This Week: Convictions Increase Against Pill Mill Operators
- 07.25.2019 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Addresses Lawmakers About Line-of-Duty Deaths