Thefts by Jewel Thieves - II
September 19, 2008
Traveling jewelry and gem sales women and men, take note. FBI Special Agent Noel Gil in Miami says dangerous jewel thieves are looking for you...
Mr. Schiff: Traveling jewelry and gem sales women and men, take note. FBI Special Agent Noel Gil in Miami says dangerous jewel thieves are looking for you...
Mr. Gil: "When they come up to a parking lot, they’ll box in the individual; come out with some kind of weapon; either a gun or a bat or something.”
Mr. Schiff: Gil says it can get violent...
Mr. Gil: "They will also break the windows of the vehicle; very dynamic; very fast; very violent; and take the bag of jewelry and basically run off.”
Mr. Schiff: Gil says the robbers hitting outside sales folks are from South America...
Mr. Gil: "They do recognize that at the jewelry stores they have the alarms, the panic alarms, the hold up alarms; cameras; and oftentimes security guards.”
Mr. Schiff: It’s estimated that around $10 million worth of jewels are stolen every month. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 07.21.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Se Ofrece Recompensa en la Investigación del Homicidio de Maurice Spagnoletti
- 07.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: AlphaBay Criminal Marketplace Takedown
- 07.19.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Academia Nacional Marca un Hito
- 07.17.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 07.14.2017 — Gotcha: Couple Sentenced in Massive Health Care Fraud Scheme