Thefts by Jewel Thieves - I
September 12, 2008
Jewel thieves from other countries are committing crimes in the United States...
Mr. Schiff: Jewel thieves from other countries are committing crimes in the United States...
Mr. Gil: "They work in groups of four to 15 people utilizing multiple vehicles.”
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Noel Gil at the FBI’s office in Miami...
Mr. Gil: "They will follow their targets sometimes for days in order to find an opportune moment in where they will conduct either their armed robbery or burglary or distraction theft.”
Mr. Schiff: Gil says the thieves come from South America, in particular Columbia, and focus on certain cities...
Mr. Gil: "Mainly in the major metropolitan cities that have a large Hispanic population such as Miami, Houston, New York, Los Angeles.”
Mr. Schiff: People traveling and selling gems and jewelry should be very careful and park in well lighted areas try to be with a partner. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program