Thefts by Jewel Thieves - I
September 12, 2008
Jewel thieves from other countries are committing crimes in the United States...
Mr. Schiff: Jewel thieves from other countries are committing crimes in the United States...
Mr. Gil: "They work in groups of four to 15 people utilizing multiple vehicles.”
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Noel Gil at the FBI’s office in Miami...
Mr. Gil: "They will follow their targets sometimes for days in order to find an opportune moment in where they will conduct either their armed robbery or burglary or distraction theft.”
Mr. Schiff: Gil says the thieves come from South America, in particular Columbia, and focus on certain cities...
Mr. Gil: "Mainly in the major metropolitan cities that have a large Hispanic population such as Miami, Houston, New York, Los Angeles.”
Mr. Schiff: People traveling and selling gems and jewelry should be very careful and park in well lighted areas try to be with a partner. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 04.18.2019 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 3 | The Growing Numbers
- 04.18.2019 — FBI, This Week: Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2018
- 04.18.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Andres Zambrano
- 04.18.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Una Exalumna de la Academia para Ciudadanos Desempeña un Papel en la Nueva Capacitación en Materia del 11 de Septiembre
- 04.11.2019 — FBI, This Week: National Crime Victims’ Rights Week