The Violent Crimes Against Children International Task Force
July 17, 2014
The FBI works beyond borders to recover child victims of sexual exploitation and arrest those who prey on them.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI works beyond borders to recover child victims of sexual exploitation and arrest those who prey on them.
Paul Cha: At any given time, there are just countless children around the world that are being subjected to horrible situations of sexual abuse. So we are looking to rescue children anywhere in the world.
Halpern: The Bureau’s Violent Crimes Against Children International Task Force is composed of 41 selected law enforcement members from about as many countries. They investigate multinational high-impact cases against child sexual exploitation enterprises, which use the Internet to advance their crimes. Supervisory Special Agent Paul Cha says the FBI is uniquely positioned to combat this global crime.
Cha: We have tremendous cyber crime-fighting tools and techniques and a tremendous skill set.
Halpern: The International Task Force is the largest task force of its kind in the world. From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern with FBI, This Week.
- 05.25.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released