The Medicare Fraud Strike Force
June 18, 2015
Health care fraud can put patients at risk, threatens public and private health benefit programs, and costs the country billions of dollars a year. One way the FBI works to combat the crime is through Medicare Fraud Strike Forces.
Mollie Halpern: Health care fraud can put patients at risk, threatens public and private health benefit programs, and costs the country billions of dollars a year.
One way the FBI works to combat the crime is through Medicare Fraud Strike Forces. The FBI, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, DOJ Criminal Fraud Section, and local U.S. Attorney Offices and others…
Randall Culp: …work hand in hand in identifying fraud and attacking it very assertively by reviewing evidence, executing search warrants, working informants, and pooling our resources together.
Halpern: That was Supervisory Special Agent Randall Culp, who says schemes change, but recently he is seeing an increase in Medicare Part D pharmacy fraud.
Culp: Fraudsters often are setting up these scam pharmacies that are billing for prescriptions that are never provided to patients.
Halpern: To protect yourself against health care fraud, Culp suggests reviewing your explanation of benefits, and…
Culp: Protect your Medicare card or any other insurance card like you would a credit card. That way, you can reduce the chances of becoming a victim of identity theft.
Halpern: To learn more, visit fbi.gov. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes