The FBI’s Fight Against Financial Crime
April 6, 2012
Health care fraud, insider trading, and mortgage fraud...these financial crimes and others are an investigative priority for the FBI.
Mollie Halpern: Health care fraud, insider trading, and mortgage fraud…these financial crimes and others are an investigative priority for the FBI. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. As financial crimes become more sophisticated, so do the Bureau’s methods of combating them. FBI Director Robert Mueller spoke before a crowd in Miami…
Director Robert S. Mueller III: We make greater use of intelligence and partnerships to better focus our limited resources where we can have the greatest impact.
Halpern: Not only are we using intelligence and working with our law enforcement partners to combat and prevent financial crimes, we are also implementing new programs. Additional agents, analysts, and forensic accountants are identifying emerging schemes and using new investigative tools to uncover them.
Mueller: By working together, we can defend our economy and our fellow citizens from today’s financial predators.
Halpern: To learn how to protect yourself against financial crimes, visit www.fbi.gov.To report fraud, call your local FBI office.
- 03.22.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: FBI Cautions Consumers About Tax-Related Crimes
- 03.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Be on the Lookout for Tax-Related Fraud
- 03.13.2017 — FBI, This Week: Seeking Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo on Anniversary of Consulate Murders
- 03.10.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Public Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo