The Directorate of Intelligence, Part Two
June 10, 2011
The FBI faces a more complex threat environment these days than it ever has in the past. To mitigate those threats and to protect the American people, intelligence is embedded in the Bureau’s operations.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI faces a more complex threat environment these days than it ever has in the past. To mitigate those threats and to protect the American people, intelligence is embedded in the Bureau’s operations. We call it the integration of intel and ops.
Tracy Reinhold: Really the key is, is that intelligence has to become organic to everything that we do in order for us to be successful.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and you’re listening to “FBI, This Week.” The FBI has a global workforce made up of thousands of special agents, intelligence analysts, language analysts, and professional support staff. They work together in the production, analysis, and dissemination of intelligence. Tracy Reinhold is the Assistant Director of the Directorate of Intelligence, which was established after the attacks of September 11.
Reinhold: There hasn’t been another significant attack since 9/11, so if you want to talk about success, let’s talk about success. I am very proud of the FBI for what we have been able to do post 9/11. Unbelievably successful.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program