Super Bowl Boulevard Security
January 31, 2014
Super Bowl Boulevard—The NFL’s fan experience—is in full swing on the streets of Manhattan, and so is the security surrounding it.
Mollie Halpern: Super Bowl Boulevard—the NFL’s fan experience—is in full swing on the streets of Manhattan, and so is the security surrounding it.
I’m Mollie Halpern, and this FBI, This Week. The New York FBI along with its law enforcement partners and other organizations are ensuring the two million people expected to take part in pre-game activities and parties are safe. In addition to Super Bowl Boulevard, about 50 other major events are taking place in Manhattan and other boroughs leading up to the big game. Assistant Special Agent in Charge David Shafer…
David Shafer: There are all kinds of things going on and we’re going to have people deployed, assessment teams out at those events to ensure we are engaging with the partners there, whether it be a local or state partner or private security.
Halpern: Super Bowl XLVIII is being called the first mass transit Super Bowl, since the majority of fans will use the subway systems or buses to get to the game across the river in New Jersey.
Shafter: So that’s kind of unique and creates some unique challenges there. We’ve developed a very intimate partnership with the various transit police agencies. We’ve really worked very closely with them.
Halpern: For more, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera