Mueller Testifies at Oversight Committee
April 1, 2011
FBI Director Robert Mueller testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 30.
Mollie Halpern: FBI Director Robert Mueller testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 30.
Director Robert S. Mueller: The FBI’s mission to protect the American people has never been broader, and the demands on the FBI have never been greater.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and you’re listening to “FBI, This Week”. Director Mueller began his tenure just days before the 9/11 attacks. Since then, the FBI has expanded its intelligence capabilities to protect America from terrorism. It also continues to root out cyber-based attacks, public corruption, and violent crimes. To carry out the FBI’s many missions, Mueller emphasized the need for full support from Congress.
Mueller: For our transformation to be complete, we must continue to hire, train, and develop our cadre of agents, analysts, and staff to meet the complex threats we face now and in the future.
Halpern: The Director also urged Congress to make permanent the Patriot Act provisions, which are set to expire in May.
Mueller: These authorities are critical to our national security.
Halpern: Thanks for listening to FBI, This Week.
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera